The Reede Scholars
The Reede Scholars, Inc. is a culturally, socially, politically, and professionally diverse group of physicians, dentists, and mental health professionals who are the combined graduates of the Commonwealth Fund/Harvard University Minority Health Policy Fellowship, the California Endowment Scholars in Health Policy, and the Joseph L. Henry Oral Health Fellowship Program at Harvard Medical School.
“To engage and nurture a network of diverse, skilled, and effective leaders who will effect change through research, education, policy, and practice.”
The priority goals of our organization are to:
- Maintain a group of experts and advocates for health equity and progressive health policy.
- Promote quality improvement in the provisions of health services for underserved communities nationally and globally.
- Promote professional and social relationships and collaboration within the cohort.
To be a nationally and internationally recognized organization whose members work collectively, support one another, and improve the well-being and health outcomes of those belonging to vulnerable populations.
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. shared these moving words at a convention of the Medical Committee for Human Rights in 1967. In recognition of the profundity of this statement and the subliminal challenge issued to those committed to enacting justice in health care, The Reede Scholars, Inc. are individually and collectively affecting social change, making advances toward attaining health equity, and embracing our core values.
Our Core Values
- Respect for one another and those we serve.
- Integrity in all we do.
- Service with a commitment to health and well-being for all.
- Excellence always as a cornerstone in all that we do.